Friday, August 21, 2009

The power of the blog

I was surprised to get a call from Dana Howard, a local reporter for Channel 10 News, who stumbled across my post, "Sacramento Staycation" and wanted to interview us about our experience! So Ryan and I were interviewed this week and here is the short clip on Staycations that aired tonight: http://www.news10.net/video/default.aspx?aid=80597&storyid=65486 Be sure to watch for Jonah. We are still laughing about the whole thing! Who knew that blogging could land you a spot on the 11:00 news?!

10 comments:

Stacy Pettersen said...

Oh my gosh, how funny! I wonder how she happened to come across that post??? Jonah was pretty much the star of the clip, sucking away at his paci. =)

Hey, they spelled your name wrong!

Julie and Matt said...

You guys are so cute! congratulations on being on the news.

heather said...

That is awesome!! Who would have guessed? I totally want to do a stay-cation here in Columbus now! That is so fun - and I love watching you guys! Makes you feel a lot closer to where we are! :)

Oh - and I LOVE your family picture at the top of your blog!

Merilee said...

That is SO cool! You guys looked great on camera. See, I told you you need to keep your blog updated.;) You never know what might come of it . . .

Mark and Shauna said...

OH MY GOSH! How hilarious... you guys are SOOO CUTE... you're famous!!

jen said...

I wondered how the news knew about your staycation. I loved the clip! You just get more famous every day!

Christina said...

That's too funny and great for you guys! Jake and I were in the paper a couple years ago regarding the remodeling we were doing at the time on our first house. (Now that we are in the new house though there's a LOT less remodeling THANKFULLY!)

The Bjurstrom Family said...

Isn't the blogging world amazing! It was a good clip. I watched it the next morning, and Brianna was so excited to see Jonah on TV. She was so funny, jumping up and down just calling Jonah name.

Allison Murray said...

you guys look great! that's awesome!

The Chipmans said...

You guys are becoming quite the famous couple, first the Ensign, now this. Congrats!