Saturday, October 17, 2009

Haircut(s)

Jonah was only three months old when he received his first haircut. I just couldn't stand those interminable wisps another day. And I had to act quickly while Ryan was away in Chicago as I was unofficially forbidden to trim his mane. I didn't do anything too drastic; just a little snip here and there. It took Ryan two days to even notice! He just kept saying, "Jonah, you look older!"



When Jonah started looking shaggy again at six months, Daddy resisted the idea of a haircut. And I think I know why now. According to Ryan's calculations Jonah has a 75% chance of inheriting male pattern baldness!



What do you think? Did we do the right thing?

P.S. Notice how blond he is now? His hair is growing in much lighter!

5 comments:

Merilee said...

I cannot get over how much hair Jonah has!!! Nice job on the haircut. I can't wait to see it in person this afternoon!:)

Becca said...

He really does look older! He is darling with his little mohawk! Love it! You get all the fun of doing hair...even with a boy. :)

heather said...

Love these pictures! It's so funny, Logan had those same overgrowths! :) I tried to keep it tamed ... but he's getting shaggy again.

Thanks for your compliments on the pictures! Ry & I normally just take them, but the family one at the end was taken by my sister (funny, it was at the end of her family photo shoot that I was doing for her!). Turned out really great! And totally feel free to use the quote by Pres. Hinckley. I absolutely love it and am glad you do too!!

Christi Ellis said...

Ha! What is it with men wanting LONG hair? :) Same thing happens when I cut slyly trim my hair...Griffin doesn't ever notice! :)Jonah definitely looks better and cuter and more boyish. I'm impressed GayLynn. You've always got a talent of steady hands.

Alisa said...

I'm so excited I found your blog! I love the painting you made your husband for his birthday...it's beautiful!

And did you seriously cut Jonah's hair while he was SLEEPING?! That's AWESOME! Now, if only that worked on girls with longer hair!