Friday, March 12, 2010

Big Time Baby Model


A few weeks ago I saw an intriguing ad on Craiglist entitled, "FREE Family or Kids Portrait" so I checked out the photographer's
website and was VERY impressed with his work. He (joSon) wanted to photograph 2-3 families while he was in Sacramento for one day so I responded with photos of Jonah and our family. I was so excited when he called to set up an appointment. Apparently he got around 50 responses and we ended up being one of the two lucky families!! He just sent us the pictures. Doesn't Jonah look older? And insanely cute?

JoSon is primarily a commercial photographer but is working on this artistic family project on the side. He was so great with Jonah and was laughing the whole time. The most embarrassing part was when he insisted on taking some photos in our bedroom, despite the serious clutter. But overall it was a great experience. For ALL the photos go here.

Jonah was standing on the kitchen island for some of these photos which made me pretty nervous but I was right there to catch him.


I carefully removed his favorite blanket from this photo and replaced it with the bear.

Jonah loves brushing his teeth!


Not your traditional family portrait but we like it.



7 comments:

Becca said...

So cute! He really is such a doll; I can see why your family was chosen. :) What fun!

Mark and Shauna said...

I'm not surprised at all your family was chosen! Those pictures are SO CUTE... look at those blue eyes!

Merilee said...

I am also not at all surprised that your family was chosen. You all are very photogenic. I love the photo of him snuggling up on your shoulder.
BTW - I just barely read your latest comment on my blog & got a great chuckle.;)

Julie and Matt said...

Love these pictures. You have such a beautiful family! Jonah is adorable. My favorite is him peeking our of the crib. He has such gorgeous eyes!

Stacy Pettersen said...

I LOVE the one of your family on the bed... you should put it on the blog title!

Christi Ellis said...

Wow GayLynn he IS such a model! I love him peeking out of the crib and eating his apple. Yes he looks so much older!!!! Wow what an honor... I didn't know Joson had like 50 responses!!! Yes the family portrait is so cute too. Wow I'm so impressed!

Jessica and Robby Curtis said...

CCCCCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTE !!!! Love the one of him Peeking over the bar. SUPER CUTE.