Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Jonah at the Easel


I honestly don't think art is Jonah's passion. When he is given things to color at nursery, he uses one crayon, makes a quick scratch mark or two, and is done. Painting, however, seems to be an activity he really enjoys so we do a lot of it. What kid doesn't like smearing paint around? I hang up his abstract paintings in his room because I love them, but he seems to find great pleasure in tearing them down. I may need to make a collage of my favorites and frame it so he can't destroy all of them! Anyway, here's a short video of some of his moments at the easel, starting with his very first time using the paintbrush.

5 comments:

Merilee said...

I LOVE watching Jonah in action! I recently got some Crayola paints for Ashilene and she loves them. Of course, she doesn't have a cool easel to paint on. Maybe the next time we're up your way, we can let the cousins go at it on Jonah's awesome easel! Oh, and I was cracking up at the pink paint in Jonah's hair!:)

Stacy Pettersen said...

I think my favorite part is when you say he's coloring the plate and he looks at it with this sudden recognition of "Hmm. That's a good idea!" Very cute, and I agree with Merilee, Annabelle would LOVE to paint with him when we come visit!

jen said...

I love the picture of Jonah at the easel. It is so artistic with the light coming in on him. What a cute kid!

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

How adorable!!!

Jessica and Robby Curtis said...

He is growing up way to fast. Cuter than ever though!!!