Sunday, April 10, 2011

Baby #2

Ryan and I wait a long time to announce our babies-to-be. After our initial ultrasounds with both pregnancies we were told that our babies showed signs of chromosomal disorders. The first time we were told this they said there was a very good chance our baby wouldn't make it. You can imagine our devastation. The second time we were much more prepared for this type of news and decided not to worry until after our second ultrasound. Gratefully this baby is following the same pattern as Jonah did. The neck thickness has shrunk considerably and all other organs and body parts are in the right places and appear proportional. The doctors will still keep a watchful eye on our little one but they are very optimistic that things will go smoothly as before. We are so happy to be pregnant again and look forward to the end of Sept. when they expect our little one to arrive!

We didn't remember to take "pre-belly" shots so I sucked in really hard for the first picture. And then for fun I pushed out for the last just so we could have a cool sequential shot. :)

13 comments:

Allison Murray said...

yay!!! congrats!

Lili and Jeff said...

Hooray!! This is so exciting! I can't wait to see how Jonah likes being a big brother, I imagine it will be just precious. I wonder if Penny will get another boy cousin, or a girl! I am glad you hear things are going well with the pregnancy. Those first few weeks can be the most stressful for sure. Keep us updated!

Mark and Shauna said...

Congratulations!!!:)

Court said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for your family!

Stacy Pettersen said...

We are absolutely thrilled to have another cousin for Reese since Annabelle got so lucky! Oh, and I almost fell over last week when I got your birthday card that said "girl" (though I understand it's not official yet)... we're definitely hoping that is the case!

Annie and Dan said...

Congrats!! I am sooo happy for you and that everything is developing properly!

Merilee said...

Hooray! You already KNOW how dang excited I am for you sista!:)

Jessica and Robby Curtis said...

:) Congrats I had no idea you were pregnant.

Christina said...

Congrats! Two is so hard and so fun and rewarding. After the initial tiredness wears off (for me it was about 8-10 months into it) and you're in the swing of having 2 kids, it's so much fun. So are the early days, but tiring is the only thing I can think to describe it. Congrats again and... yay!

Julie and Matt said...

I'm so happy for you, GayLynn! I'm so glad everything is going well with your little one and that Jonah will have a little brother or sister to play with. It's so fun to have 2 and watch them play together. You and Ryan are such good parents. I'm so excited for you.

heather said...

So happy for you! I hope all continues to go well, and can't wait to hear more details and meet the new little one when he/she comes!

Bethany said...

oh my goodness YAY!!! congratulations you guys! your jonah is the cutest thing ever, i can only imagine how darling this little one will be too.

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

I am so excited!!