Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter!

Here's some pictures from our Playgroup's Easter egg hunt last Friday:




Here is Jonah on Easter discovering his new sand toys. Thank you Merilee for giving us that great gift idea!


Here is our family easter egg hunt in the front yard.






And finally, pictures from dying easter eggs.




This is what happened when Mommy and Daddy were engrossed in their own egg creations:


I still think it was worth it! :)


It was a fun Easter. But the highlights of Easter for me happened the weekend before when I got to see "Savior of the World," a musical production put on by my Stake, and "Lamb of God," a multi-stake choral and orchestral production in Oakland that my mom, sister, and brother-in-law were involved with. Both were powerful in different ways and I'm grateful that I got to see them back to back because one focused more on the events leading up to the crucifixion while the other begins at the tomb where Christ is buried and reenacted Christ's appearances to his disciples following his resurrection. I felt the love our Savior has for us. I felt the love our Savior has for women. Isn't it interesting that Christ appeared first to women? (Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome.) It was their testimonies that gave the apostles and other disciples hope that Christ had indeed risen. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

5 comments:

The Bevans: Mark and Shauna said...

Jonah is so cute! Looks like you had a fun Easter!

** I can totally relate to your previous post:)

Alisa said...

How awesome that your family got to be involved with Savior of the World! I was in the first and 2nd production of the show at the Conference Center (back in 2000...wow...time flies!). It was a wonderful experience (to put it lightly)...and really reaffirmed my testimony of the atonement, etc. Also brought to life for me the scriptures "stories"!!

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

OKay those are some of the cutest Easter pictures! It looks like Jonah had so much fun!! PLus, did I mention that you look so pretty in them... must be the pregnancy glow! Thanks for still thinking coming over was worth it lol. We are going to give ourselves another day, but would love to do something with you guys this week. We are sick of being stuck in the house!

Merilee said...

Super cute! I'm so glad you all had such a wonderful Easter. Rojohn and I were so busy with Lamb of God that Ashilene didn't even get a visit from the Easter bunny (Fortunately her b-day is just a couple weeks away, so we can just add her Easter presents in with her b-day gifts). She had no interest in the egg hunt we had at Auntie Jubie's house and just wanted to ride her cousins' tricycles. Lamb of God was definitely the highlight for our family this Easter. I'm SO glad you were able to come see it. Oh, and I LOVE the pic of what Jonah did while his parents were majorly engaged in the egg dying process.;)

Christi Ellis said...

Awwww that is so fun that you guys had TWO easter egg hunts for him plus easter basket and plus dying easter eggs!!!! That's hilarious what Jonah did while you guys were engrossed in your easter egg dying! lol. I can't wait to have little kids who will appreciate all the fun traditions of holidays!