Saturday, April 2, 2011

Basketball Nerd


I know I said that my next post would be of Jonah's birthday but we don't have the video montage ready. In the meantime, let me share with you Jonah's newest obsession: basketball. We considered getting him a hoop for his birthday but they were pretty expensive. Fortunately we live in Sacramento where you can find all sorts of junk sitting on curbs. That's where we found our hoop. It's old and broken, but it was free, and what matters most is that Jonah LOVES it! It's the first thing he sees when we get out of the car at home and he always wants to play. Now that the weather is nice we've been playing basketball daily. Sometimes more than once. I really try to get him excited about soccer again but it just isn't happening. So I just need to be patient until he goes through a soccer phase again. I guess my son is allowed to like things that I'm really bad at. :) Here is also a slideshow from our photo shoot today. There was such great light when we went out to play basketball that I had to run back in for my camera.



The other day Jonah noticed that the seat of one of our chairs was loose so he turned the chair into a hoop and the seat into a backboard. He's a creative little guy. Here's a four minute video of Jonah playing indoor ball. He cracks us up. It's a little long but hopefully some of you and your kids will like it.



Ooops, that wasn't the video I meant to upload but it shows his shooting skills. Here's the longer video:

3 comments:

jen said...

He is the next Jimmer!

Unknown said...

GayLynn, I can't believe how big Jonah is getting!!! Ashilene and I had so much fun watching his basketball skills. She would clap when he made a basket. I'm SO excited for these cousins to get together and play tonight and tomorrow.:)

Merilee said...

Uh yeah, so the last comment was from Merilee, NOT the SL 1st Ward.;)